This two day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work qualification and are due to expire.
Please consider the following rules for attendance:
- A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a two day requalification course without question, if it’s within one month past the expiry date
- If the First Aider has lapsed by more than one month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a two day course providing “special considerations” have been applied
Special considerations are:
- A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating the reasons why in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a two day course and does not require a full three day FAW course
- A decision is made by the provider of the training after discussions with the employer, or the First Aider, and deciding that their previous experience is sufficient to attend a two day course
- If the First Aider has lapsed beyond three months then they must attend a full three day FAW course
The important thing to remember is that as soon as the certificate expires, the First Aider is no longer considered competent to act as a First Aider in the workplace which may well leave the employer with a shortfall of First Aiders. Therefore, it would be prudent to arrange their re-qualification before they expire.
A minimum of 12 hours spread over at least two days. Ideally, the course should be run over two consecutive days, but can be spread over a longer time period if you so desire, providing it is completed within six weeks of starting the course and the training sessions last for a minimum of two hours.
Delegates must be a minimum of 14 years of age to qualify for this course.
Successful qualification on this course is based on practical assessments conducted throughout the course and written test papers each day. A three year Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (Level 6 in Scotland) will be issued to the delegate, subject to successful assessment. No external assessors are required.
A maximum of 12 delegates are allowed and must be a minimum of 14 years of age, and a certificate can be offered to all, subject to assessment.
A delegate cannot assume a responsibility in the workplace until they reach the age of 16, and then it is the employer’s responsibility to ensure that the delegate is suitable for that role.
The certificate will expire as dated on the certificate, irrespective of age.
£180.00 inc vat. Certificate and bookDownload course information sheet Book this course