An anaphylactic shock, or anaphylaxis, is a life-threatening, serious allergic reaction to an allergen such as food substances or insect stings. If it is not treated appropriately, it may cause death. This training is for qualified First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders to enable them to recognise and treat anaphylaxis safely and effectively.
When administering a medication, it is important to recognise and differentiate between allergic reactions and the potentially life-threatening anaphylactic reactions immediately. It is also essential to determine whether the individual has had an allergic or anaphylactic response to the medication in the past or prior to administration.
This course is suitable for all First Aiders and healthcare professionals, as well as those in a high risk environment where such medication is available.
This is a classroom-based course of 6 contact hours. Dependent on the delegate’s experience, there may well be some pre-course or post-course reading.
Delegates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify for this course.
This qualification lasts for3 years. To renew their qualification after 3 years, delegates will need to retake the full course. However, it is recommended that, during the 3 year period, delegates attend annual refresher courses.
A maximum of 12 delegates can be accommodated on this course and all candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age to qualify.
We are able to deliver this course on your site, subject to a pre-course assessment of your premises, reducing your costs in respect of additional time out and travelling.
£POADownload course information sheet Book this course